Friday, April 24, 2009

~Almost Time~

I always dread this time of year. My Mom is getting ready to head to our family cottage in Michigan. She leaves the first week of May and does not head back until October. I see her one week of that time when we make the annual trip up north. Oh how I wish I could spend more time up there. My grandparents purchased this cottage and their best friends lived across the street. My Mom grew up with their kids and it continued on to the next generation. Our cottage sits on the cove of the river and the lake is across the street, it is just perfect. I love this place~

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to get away and relax! I can see why your family loves it! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I know how you feel! My parents just drove out of florida and ALLLLL the way to Maine where they spend a month every spring. On this VERY morning my car died in the driveway and They are the people I would call in this situation while my husband is at work. Timing! Can't wait till I can be a snowbird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Where in Michigan are they going? We live in the Howell area and have property in Houghton Lake. Not on the lake though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a wonderful house to go visit! But I would really miss my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always dreamed of a little getaway for our family like that...a place that we go every year and that could be passed on to our children. I grew up in Illinois and it would be much easier to find a place like that there. What a blessing you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little place to take a break! I would love to have something like that our whole family could share...!

    ReplyDelete